Find Insurance (Through Enroll Wyandotte)
Enroll Wyandotte is a collaborative and coordinated effort of Wyandotte County based health care providers, social services, and local government to perform outreach and to assist with enrollment in health insurance through the Marketplace.
You can use Enroll Wyandotte as a resource to obtain health insurance for yourself and your family. The information below can answer your questions and concerns.
A contract that requires your health insurer/insurance company to pay some or all of your health care costs in exchange for a monthly payment/premium.
You’re healthy now, but emergencies and accidents can happen. People get sick all the time. And health care without insurance can be very expensive; The average 3-day stay in a hospital is $30,000! A bill like that could put you in debt and ruin your credit. Plus, these high medical bills don’t just hurt you. They hurt hospitals and people around you because if you can’t pay your bill, the hospital has to absorb those costs, making health care more expensive for everyone.
For more information about health insurance—what it is, why you need it, and how it works—watch the below video from the Kaiser Family Foundation:
You can get health insurance through a variety of means, including:
- Your employer may offer it as a benefit, where they pay a portion of your insurance premiums.
- You may qualify for Medicaid.
- You can purchase health insurance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through the health insurance marketplace or by calling 1-800-318-2596 during open enrollment
- You may qualify for a special enrollment period outside open enrollment, call us to learn more or visit this page.
If you would like to meet with someone to help you understand the new law and its requirements, or if you need help with the application process, please call Enroll Wyandotte at (913) 735-9008.
- Social security numbers and immigration documents of every individual applying for coverage that is not a US born citizen.
- Employer and income information for every member of your household (for example, pay stubs or W-2 forms)
- Information about employer coverage (if offered)
- Birthdays of everyone applying for coverage
- Marketplace username and password (if you’re a previous applicant)
1 in 6 Americans can get a Health Insurance Marketplace plan for less than $100 a month and 87% of people who selected marketplace plans for 2015 got financial assistance.
You may qualify to receive financial assistance with monthly premiums and lower out-of-pocket costs:
- You have a household income between 100% and 400% of the Federal Poverty Level or you make less than 100% FPL but don’t qualify for Medicaid because you’re a resident and haven’t live in the US for 5 years, AND
- You can’t get health insurance through your job, AND
- You don’t have Medicare or Medicaid, AND
- You file taxes jointly if married.
The following table can explain it in better detail.
|To Receive:||Assistance with Monthly Premiums||Lower Out-of-Pocket Costs|
|Household Size||Yearly Household Income
|Yearly Household Income
|1||$11,770 – $47,080||$11,770 – $29,425|
|2||$15,930 – $63,720||$15,930 – $39,825|
|3||$20,090 – $80,360||$20,090 – $50,225|
|4||$24,250 – $97,000||$24,250 – $60, 625|
|5||$28,410 – $113,640||$28,410 – $71,025|
|6||$32,570 – $130,280||$32,570 – $81,425|